White Hawk House - Plumas County, CA
Click images to enlarge
• On a wooded 8 acre property in the high Sierras of Northern California, RFA designed a residence and shop / studio complex as a retirement retreat for a client.
• 3,000 s.f. main residence provides strong daylight views through pine trees to mountains in the distance.
• Artist’s studio loft is designed above the gallery for maximum light and inspired tree top views.
• Home gently bends to embrace the natrual contour of the sloped site.
• Curved gallery, with its steel and log columns lining the space at intervals, acts as a transport spine through the center of the home – connecting all of the 18 foot high rooms from one end of the house to the other.