Park Lane House - Montecito, CA
Photos: David Palermo
Click images to enlarge
• Inspired by classic Southwest/Santa Fe style, this custom residence and guesthouse are situated on a 1.2 A. site in the gentle sloping hills of Montecito, CA, with panoramic ocean and mountain views.
• Sited upon an irregular shaped site, a lushly landscaped drive leads from the street to the front auto court allowing the home a gracious arrival and tremendous privacy.
• The home sits gently in the landscape with extensive terraces and lawn areas for easy indoor and outdoor living.
• Drawing upon key Southwest/Santa Fe style elements, the home incorporates thick walls with deep set windows, rich adobe earth tone colors and an outdoor family “portal” per the owners’ request.
• While relating to the Southwest vernacular, the home provides a simple and elegant living environment with abundant daylight and dynamic views – all relating to the owners’ desire to recall prominent attributes of their former home in New Canaan, CT, which was designed by Philip Johnson.
• Across a wooded dry creek bed, a steel suspension foot bridge links the infinity edged pool/spa terrace to the guest house – a private and elegant "tree house" with ocean/mountain views through the oaks and acacias.
200 Houses, Images Publishing Group, September 2011
Pacific Houses, Loft Publications, May 2004
KAZA Magazine, Sao Paolo, Brazil, 2004
Another 100 of the World's Best Houses, Images Publishing Group, November 2003
West Coast Rooms, Rockport Publishing, April 2000