China Flat House - Montecito, CA
Photos: Jim Bartsch Photographer
Click images to enlarge
• Inspired by classic French Country style with hipped roof pavilions, the custom home is situated on a 1 A
corner site at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac and fronts onto two fairways with exceptional panoramic mountain views.
• Curved garden walls frame the private auto court entry with an allay of multi-trunk olive trees and manicured perimeter hedges and provides both a gracious arrival and tremendous privacy.
• The house exterior features custom standing seam metal roofing, smooth integral color plaster, large sliding glass doors and is surrounded by Italian travertine terraces and garden walls.
• From the entry terrace and foyer, a central gallery features excellent art walls with cased openings leading into a grand living room with raised cove ceiling, the library and bedroom wings – all with abundant daylight and dynamic views.
• The house interiors features custom walnut plank flooring runs throughout with custom millwork and stone features in the chef’s kitchen and master bath suites.
• Surrounded by manicured landscape, the home opens onto several travertine terraces with garden walls framing a private pool terrace, as well as, dining terraces onto lawn areas for easy indoor and outdoor living.